Even Further Expanded Free Trial Adds Stormblood Expansion
SQUARE ENIX® introduced new content to the critically acclaimed MMORPG FINAL FANTASY™ XIV Online with the arrival of Patch 6.5: “Growing Light.”
The Warrior of Light’s journey continues with new main scenario quests in the first of a two-part conclusion to the story told throughout the Endwalker™ patch series. Exciting new challenges also await, such as the third installment of the Myths of the Realm alliance raid series: Thaleia, the Lunar Subterrane dungeon, the Abyssal Fracture trial, and the Singularity Reactor (Unreal) trial.
Additionally, Patch 6.5 further expands the Duty Support system making it now possible to play all main scenario dungeons in A Realm Reborn™ through Endwalker solo alongside NPCs. Numerous other additions include updates to Island Sanctuary, new custom deliveries, and much more. Newcomers can also look forward to the even further expanded free trial, which now allows players to experience the Stormblood™ expansion (and updates through Patch 4.68). In line with this update, Stormblood has also been added to the Starter Edition—both current owners of the Started Edition, as well as those purchasing for the first time will also be able to enjoy Stormblood as part of their experience.
You can view the trailer for Patch 6.5 here: https://youtu.be/CnSwKgYuIMA
Details on Patch 6.5 can be found below:
- New Main Scenario Quests (Part 1) – The next chapter in the story of the Warrior of Light.
- New Dungeon – New challenges await in the Lunar Subterrane.
- New Trial: The Abyssal Fracture – A challenging new battle against Zeromus awaits in both Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New Unreal Trial – Fight in the Singularity Reactor (Unreal) against the fearsome Thordan.
- New Alliance Raid: Myths of the Realm #3 – Explore the mysteries of Thaleia.
- Duty Support Expansion – With the introduction of Duty Support to the Drowned City of Skalla, the Burn, and the Ghimlyt Dark dungeons, it is now possible to play through all main scenario dungeons from A Realm Reborn to Endwalker solo.
- Various Job Adjustments
- Player Versus Player Updates
- PvP Series 5 Begins
- Crystalline Conflict UI Updates
- Island Sanctuary Updates – New sanctuary ranks, visions, and gathering area, as well as new materials, craftable items, crops, animals, isleworks handicrafts, structures, and more!
- New Custom Deliveries Client: Margrat
- Even Further Expanded Free Trial – Play the Stormblood expansion (and updates through Patch 4.58), including the red mage and samurai jobs, allowing newcomers to venture all the way up to level 70 with no limits on play time.
- Miscellaneous Updates – Ability to store optional items in the armoire, as well as the introduction of new gear, fashion accessories, mounts, minions, emotes, and more.
Players can also look forward to a number of additional updates set to arrive as part of Patch 6.51 and Patch 6.55, details can be found below:
- New Variant Dungeon – Aloalo Island (Patch 6.51)
- New Criterion Dungeon – Another Aloalo Island / Another Aloalo Island (Savage) (Patch 6.51)
- Crystalline Conflict – New Arena: The Red Sands (Patch 6.51)
- Tool Enhancement Quests – Splendorous Tools (Patch 6.51)
- New Main Scenario Quests (Part 2) (Patch 6.55)
- Tataru's Grand Endeavor (Patch 6.55)
- Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures (Patch 6.55)
- Weapon Enhancement Quests – Manderville Weapons (Patch 6.55)
- Endwalker Tribal Alliance Quests (Patch 6.55)
As part of the Patch 6.5x series, the long-awaited Fall Guys-inspired attraction in the Manderville Gold Saucer will arrive, giving players the opportunity to battle other players for the coveted crown and claim victory. More information on the release of this content will be shared soon.
Following the announcement at the Fan Festival 2023 in Las Vegas, the open beta for the Xbox Series X|S version of Final Fantasy XIV Online is due to arrive during the Patch 6.5x series. Ahead of the official launch in Spring 2024, players on the Xbox family of consoles will be able to experience the wonders of Eorzea for the first time in this digital-only release and will also enjoy 4K support on Xbox Series X. More details will be shared soon.
More information on the recently announced fifth expansion, Dawntrail™, will be shared at the FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival 2023 in London on October 21 – 22, 2023, as well as during the Fan Festival 2024 in Tokyo, scheduled for January 7 – 8, 2024. For future updates on how to watch the livestreams of these events, please keep an eye on the Lodestone: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/
With more than 27 million total registered players, there has never been a better time for newcomers to begin their adventures in the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV Online saga. The Even Further Expanded Free Trial now includes all content from A Realm Reborn™, the Heavensward™ expansion and the Stormblood expansion (and updates through Patch 4.58), including an additional playable race (Au Ra) and five additional playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, Machinist, Red Mage and Samurai). Free Trial players can enjoy hundreds of hours of award-winning gameplay and story experiences equivalent to three full FINAL FANTASY titles, without limit on playtime. More information can be found at: http://sqex.to/FFXIVFreeTrial
“PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks and "PS4" and “PS5” are trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.