SQUARE ENIX® revealed the first details of a crossover event with the critically-acclaimed MMO FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online and FINAL FANTASY XV. Scheduled for release in mid-April, a teaser trailer for the collaboration was released as part of the most recent Letter from the Producer LIVE stream during the FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival in Paris: https://youtu.be/_o-CtZGjJGc
Noctis Enters the World of Hydaelyn
The collaboration will feature FINAL FANTASY XV hero Noctis Lucis Caelum entering the world of Hydaelyn with the Regalia, where he will join the Warrior of Light in battle against magitek infantry, magitek armor, and even the Messenger, Garuda hailing from Eos.
Also during the Letter from the Producer LIVE, Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida revealed what FINAL FANTASY XIV Online players can expect in the coming months as the Stormblood™ expansion reaches its conclusion. A schedule of upcoming patches and their content is below:
Patch 4.55 – February 12
- New Rival Wings Map “Hidden Gorge” – The newest campaign in this large-scale 48-man PvP content will feature new mechanics and rules. As the two teams compete to destroy the other team’s core (base), they will also aim to control train stations within the arena to obtain valuable cargo, and best Goblin Mercenaries who roam the battlefield to win their favor and have them fight as an ally.
- Eureka Hydratos – The fourth and final entry in the Eureka storyline will raise the elemental level cap to 60, add new logos actions and allow gear enhanced in Pyros to be further improved. Those who follow the story to its conclusion will be able to enter The Baldesion Arsenal, an ultra high-end public instanced dungeon for up to 56 players. It’s a challenge not for the faint-hearted!
The Latest PvP Experience in FINAL FANTASY XIV Arrives February 12
Patch 4.56 – Late March
- New Main Scenario Quests – The Stormblood storyline comes to a shocking conclusion.
- Even Further Hildibrand Adventures – The Inspector Extraordinaire makes a return.
- Stormblood Beast Tribe Quests – A new quest series bringing together the beast tribes from Stormblood.
- World Visit System – Travel to any world within your data center using the U’ldah, Limsa Lominsa, or Gridania aetherytes to meet and play with friends.
These new announcements compliment the plentiful information about the third expansion for the MMO, Shadowbringers, which launches on July 2, 2019. Alongside the release date, first looks at the new ‘gunbreaker’ job and ‘Viera’ race were shown, while an extended teaser trailer revealed more of what players can expect: https://youtu.be/NjPVSF2dpUE
The Viera will be a Playable Race in Shadowbringers
The FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers Collector’s Edition will be available to pre-order on the Square Enix Store beginning on February 6, 2019 at 11:00 AM PT and includes the following:
- Shadowbringers Special Art Box: A unique silver-inlaid box featuring an illustration by artist Yoshitaka Amano.
- Dark Knight Figure: An impressive high-quality figure of the Warrior of Darkness as a dark knight.
- Shadowbringers Art Book: An art book featuring a wealth of illustrations and concept art used in the creation of the expansion.
- Shadowbringers Logo Cling: A reusable vinyl cling featuring the Shadowbringers logo.
- FINAL FANTASY XIV Playing Cards: A deck of playing cards featuring a range of artwork from A Realm Reborn® through Shadowbringers.
- Exclusive In-Game Items
- Grani Mount
- Wind-up Fran Minion
- Revolver Gunbreaker Weapon
The FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers Collector's Edition
Players who pre-order either edition of Shadowbringers will be eligible to receive exclusive in-game items, which are planned for distribution beginning March 1, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. (PT):
- Baby Gremlin Minion
- Aetheryte Earring – This earring grants a 30% increase in EXP when worn, up to level 70, as well as attributes that vary based on the user’s class/job and current level.
Pre-ordering will also allow users to enjoy early access to Shadowbringers ahead of the official release. Early Access is scheduled to begin on June 28, 2019*
Fans can look forward to more information on Shadowbringers at the Fan Festival in Tokyo on 23rd - 24th March, 2019. All Fan Festival events will be streamed free of charge on the official FINAL FANTASY XIV Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv
*Early access start date subject to change. Please note that there is a possibility of maintenance taking place during the early access period.