New Developer Interviews and Behind-the-scenes Commentary Debuted on WE ARE VANA’DIEL Special Site
SQUARE ENIX® today released the September version update for FINAL FANTASY® XI Online, featuring Chapter 5 Part 2 of the ongoing The Voracious Resurgence™ storyline. In addition to this latest story addition, the September update brings a number of exciting campaigns and in-game events for players to participate in and earn special rewards.
Additionally, the WE ARE VANA’DIEL special site has been updated with a variety of new content to provide players a glimpse into the world of the development of FINAL FANTASY XI Online. The latest series of updates introduces the following content to the site:
- WE DISCUSS VANA’DIEL #2 – Interview with Yosuke Saito (Parts 1-4)
- Yosuke Saito’s “My Playlist” – A selection of favorite songs from FINAL FANTASY XI
- WE DISCUSS VANA'DIEL #3 – Interview with Yutaka Kawamata Part 1
- WE REMEMBER VANA'DIEL - New Behind-the-scenes Commentary for 2004 and 2005
The September version update brings a wealth of content for players of all levels to enjoy:
- Voracious Resurgence Update – Learn more about the mysteries of the Olduum Staff, yet beware of the anomalies in the Aht Urhgan seas in the second part of the latest chapter in this story series.
- Updated Ambuscade Content – Battle against Cockatrices as well as Poroggos, who make their return in this month’s Ambuscade challenges.
- Blazing Buffaloes Seasonal Event – From now and through Tuesday, September 21, at 7:59 a.m. (PDT), wild buffaloes will prowl a number of areas across Vana’diel. Players who round them up and bring them to the nearby moogles can earn a variety of rewards, including the Buffalo Cap, Drover’s Mantle, and Drover’s Belt equipment, as well as a number of other items.
- Day of the Shadow Lord – Through Thursday, September 30 at 7:59 a.m. (PDT), players will occasionally receive the Shadow Lord's storied great sword, Lament, and his swords, Nihility and Extinction, as spoils for completing the Shadow Lord Battle battlefield.
- Equipment Boosting Campaign – Beginning Monday, September 13 at 1:00 a.m. (PDT) and through Thursday, September 30 at 7:59 a.m. (PDT), a number of campaigns will be underway to assist players on their journeys in Vana’diel. Adventurers can enjoy increased drop rates on seals and crests, additional item drops from certain enemies, and other various bonuses for the duration of the campaign.
- September Login Campaign – Players can receive various rewards by logging in each day and collecting points to exchange for prizes, including the Cancrine Apron.
Full details for the September version update can be found here: https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58580
FINAL FANTASY XI Online adventurers can now find old friends with the FFXI ReFriender tool. The application aids players of the acclaimed SQUARE ENIX® MMORPG title in reuniting with friends that have shared past adventures, resuming their exciting journey, and even seeking out that “certain someone” with whom they roamed the land of Vana'diel® in years past. More information on the FFXI ReFriender system may be found at https://refriender.finalfantasyxi.com/.
FINAL FANTASY XI Online is an online multiplayer RPG that challenges players to journey through the world of Vana’diel® — a world of fantasy, adventure, and exploration. Heed the call and join players from around the world to become the hero that Vana’diel needs. Discover new creatures, pioneer wild lands, and conquer quests on your daring journey.